Chicken frames are an essential ingredient in a good stock or soup. Chicken stock can take a dish from ordinary to extraordinary so get it right!
Suggested Recipe: Chicken Soup
- 1 kg chicken frames (3 or 4)
- 1 kg chicken necks
- 2 sticks celery, chopped in half
- 1 - 2 carrots, chopped in half
- 1 onion
- 1 parsnip
- 1 turnip
- 1 potato, chopped in half
- Bit of broccoli
- Cut vegetables/ remove skin. Add all to the slow cooker.
- Fill with water to so that the water is almost covering everything.
- Cooked it for 1.5 hours or till the meat was falling off the bones.
- Strain out vegetables and chicken frames. Serve.